When you open www.aquacheckweb.com on a Google Chrome Browser, the system gives an error message: The ‘cacheBust’ parameter is missing… The message looks like this:
After a recent update on the operating system on AquaCheckWEB, it might be possible that your Google Chrome Browser is trying to open old images to the site from your computer’s cache memory and not opening the latest images directly from the main AquaCheckWEB server.
It may be necessary to clear the cache memory on your Google Chrome Browser.
To clear the cache on your browser, please follow these steps:
- Close any open instance/tabs of www.aquacheckweb.com
- Open Google Chrome and go to the three dots (hamburger) menu at the top right
- Go to Settings on the menu
- Scroll all the way down and click on Advanced
- Inside the “Privacy and security” section, scroll down to Clear browsing data.
- In the next window, select only Cached images and files
- Click on CLEAR BROWSING DATA
- Be sure not to select Passwords since this will also clear any passwords already saved on the system
- Close the Tab and open www.aquacheckweb.com
For further assistance on this update please leave us a message at https://aquacheck.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new