Setting up a new profile
Whenever new equipment is installed in the field, a new profile has to be manually created in the Software programme. Without this vital step, there is no allocation 'address' for the downloaded data.
How do I do this?
First select the CLIENT for whom you want to create a new PROFILE.
Then click on Setup New Profile located in the top blue menu bar to open the New Profile window.
Complete the three sections as follows:
- Name - This is the name of the PROFILE. This may be any descriptive name of the Profile. It is good practice to also include the Device ID in brackets after the name. For example: Block 15 (23567).
- Farm - If you create the first PROFILE inside a FARM, enable the "New" checkbox and enter a descriptive name for the FARM. If you want to add the PROFILE to an existing FARM, click on the "..." button.
- Field - If you create the first PROFILE inside a FIELD, enable the "New" checkbox and enter a descriptive name for the FIELD. If you want to add the PROFILE to an existing FIELD, click on the "..." button.
- Latitude & Longitude - Enter the GPS location where the probe is installed for this PROFILE (only required for wireless probes).
- Graph type - Select the preferred graph type.
- Start/End Date - Select the date range for which you want to view data for this PROFILE. Normally the start date will be the installation date of the probe. The End date will be the expected removal date of the probe.
- Data ID - This is the data carrier serial number to identify the data. This is typically the serial number on the telemetry device.
- Logger Type - Select the type of logger used to transfer the data.
- Offset - If the probe is not installed at the full default depth, an offset may be selected here. If a probe is installed at the correct full depth, select the default value of 0 mm.
- Probe - Select the probe length and sensor configuration which is installed at this PROFILE.
- Rain Gauge - Select the checkbox if you have connected a Rain Gauge to the logger. Then select the Multiplier and units.
- Soil - Select the soil type calibration to be applied to the data.
- Crop - Select the crop type.
- Cultivar Template - Select the cultivar template to be used for the Crop selected.
- Cultivar Start Date - Select the start date from when the cultivar template should be applied. Normally this corresponds with the installation date of the probe.
- Irrigation Unit - Select the unit in which the Irrigation Recommendation should be calculated.
Now click Finish to create the PROFILE.
Alternatively use the Save and Add Another New Profile button to make use of a pre-populated template for example when multiple profiles have to be created which all have similar equipment in common.