CropGraph does not show my newly imported data.
CropGraph save each season’s data in a separate database (*.mdb). Each database is identified by the year it is created and starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June of the following year. Each active database will only import data which is valid for the specific season/year. For example, the season starting on 1 July 2019 and ending 30 June 2020 will be labelled 2019.mdb
The active database in CropGraph can be seen on the information bar. In the example below it is set to 2016. Data which is not valid for the period 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 will not be imported into 2019.mdb.
First go to File > Database > Open Other to see if the current season’s database is available.
If the current season’s database is available, select it and re-download data from the logger.
If the current season’s database is NOT available, please follow the next steps to activate a new database.
- Go to File > Database > Open Other
- Select the database which has the correct Blocks setup
- Go to File > Database > Export Backup (lnx)
- Save the export database with the current season as the filename in the format YYYY.lnx (Eg. 2019.lnx)
- Go to File > Database > Import Backup (lnx)
- Select and Open the newly created database as per #4 above.
- Close CropGraph and re-open CropGraph.
- Check the default database on the information bar inside CropGraph. This should indicate the new database.
You may now continue to download and import new data into the new default season database.
For further assistance on this update please leave us a message at https://aquacheck.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new